Get the newsletter!
Join the Wildland Volunteer Network mailing list to stay connected to Bay Area partners
2019 Volunteer Trainings (San Francisco Bay Area & beyond)
Are you a volunteer steward working on restoration in a Bay Area community? Join us for one for our trainings on invasive plant management, designed for volunteers. Trainings are appropriate for expert volunteers as well as those who are new to invasive plant management. Topics include: invasive plant biology, control methods, restoration strategies, tools of the trade, mapping using Calflora, and more. Join us at a training near you!
- Napa County— February 10, 2019, 9 am – 2:30 pm
- Register for Napa County
- Sonoma County — February 23, 2019, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Register for Sonoma County
- Marin County — March 2, 2019, 10 am – 2:30 pm
- Register for Marin County
- Contra Costa County — March 9, 2019, 9 am – 2:30 pm
- Register for Contra Costa County
- San Mateo Coast — March 10, 2019, 10 am – 2:30 pm
- Register for San Mateo Coast
- Alameda — Dates TBD
- South Bay — Dates TBD
- San Francisco/Peninsula — Dates TBD
Conservation Corps Invasive Plant Trainings
Cal-IPC is proud to announce a new program for 2019 – invasive plant training sessions for Bay Area Conservation Corps chapters:
Online Map of Volunteer Projects
Are you working on a volunteer project to address invasive plants? Please add your organization and site(s) to the map! (Just click on the map below to get started.) Volunteer groups have begun adding their invasive plant management projects to an online map, with brief descriptions of the project. This allows volunteers to see what efforts are going on near them and who else is working on particular plants of concern. Instructions for adding your projects to the Wildland Volunteer Map!