Join us for the annual Cal-IPC Symposium, Oct. 27-30, 2020 in Chico. Registration opens in May.
Connect with colleagues from across the state, and get the latest updates on effective tools, relevant research, and strategic management approaches.
Check out trade exhibits from our sponsors, discuss the student paper/poster contests, vote in the annual photo contest, cheer for the awards, and enjoy the social hour with raffle and silent auction. Sign up for an optional field trip Friday to explore conservation efforts and invasive plant management in and around Chico.
Tues., Oct. 27: WMA Meeting and Training Sessions (Optional, some with added fee)
- Statewide WMA Meeting (no cost)
- Trainings: Topics include mapping, tools of the trade, invasive plant management training, grass ID, and more.
- Herbicide Laws and Regulations (incl. with reg.)
Wed. & Thurs., Oct. 28-29: Main Conference & Sessions
Session talks, discussion groups, and a posters will cover a wide range of topics related to invasive plant biology and management. More info to come soon.
Also on Wed., Oct 28:
- Early Career Networking Lunch – Students & early career professionals, sign up to learn more about careers in weed management with representatives from a variety of fields including non-profits, academia, consulting and the government.
- Poster & Exhibit Session – Meet our exhibitors and join in discussion with poster presenters.
- Auction & Raffle – Enjoy a lively social hour for fun and mingling, and bid on auction & raffle items to help support Cal-IPC programs.
- Awards Banquet – Celebrate your colleagues and see live draws for top Raffle items.
Fri., Oct. 30: Field Trips (Optional, added fee)
Tour sites in the Chico area to see invasive weed issues that follow catastrophic megafire, learn about battling weeds using prescribed fire, and other control efforts.
Rates and deadlines will be posted when registration opens in May.
Registration includes: Tues. evening reception, Laws & Regs session, all sessions Wed. & Thurs., breakfast, lunch, and banquet dinner on Wed., and breakfast Thurs. Full-day Field Trips on Friday include lunch.
Return to the Symposium Landing Page