Synonyms: Bartsia viscosa, Bellardia viscosa
Common names: yellow glandweed; sticky parentucellia; broadleaved glandweed
Parentucellia viscosa (yellow glandweed, sticky parentucellia) is an annual forb/herb (family Scrophulariaceae) that invades wetland prairies along the coast and pastures in the Sierra Nevada. It is especially invasive on dune wetlands at the Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed Management NotesNo Weed RIC Management Notes are available for this species. Check for information on other species in the genus on the Weed RIC site.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- New weed alerts!. DiTomaso, Joe. Vol 13, Issue 4
- Parentucellia viscosa invades dune wetlands of northern California. Pickart, Andrea; Wear, Kyle. Vol 08, Issue 1
- Call for information: Parentucellia viscosa. Pickart, Andrea. Vol 04, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
- 2005 Cal-IPC weed alerts, new invasions, recent expansions, and a few others to be on the look-out for. DiTomaso, Joseph M. (2005)
Other Parentucellia viscosa Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.