Leave a Legacy

By including Cal-IPC in your estate planning, you can make an investment in protecting our natural heritage  that will last.  The Cal-IPC Wildland Stewardship Endowment exists to sustain our work into the future. By directing your gift to the endowment, you ensure the protection of California’s wildlands for generations to come.

Include Cal-IPC in your will:

Limonium spray

Your Legacy Gift to Cal-IPC will support our work for generations. Photo: Ron Vanderhoff

A gift in your will or trust is one of the easiest and most popular ways to remember Cal-IPC in your estate. It takes just a short statement in your will to set up a bequest. See sample language below.

  • To donate to our endowment: “I give ________ [amount or percentage] to the Cal-IPC Wildland Stewardship Endowment of the Marin Community Foundation, to support the work of Cal-IPC, a California nonprofit corporation, Tax ID 68-0289333. (Estate trustees or executors of a will can contact Lizzie Cairns, Senior Accountant at the Marin Community Foundation at 415.464.2514 or lcairns@marincf.org, 5 Hamilton Landing, Suite 200, Novato, CA 94949.)
  • To donate directly to Cal-IPC for current program support: “I give ________ [amount or percentage] to California Invasive Plant Council, a California nonprofit corporation, located at 2550 Ninth St. #201, Berkeley, CA 94710, Tax ID 68-0289333.”

Designate Cal-IPC as a beneficiary:

An easy way to support Cal-IPC’s work in the future is to name Cal-IPC as a beneficiary for retirement plans and other assets. It is typically as simple as requesting and signing beneficiary forms from your plan administrator. You will continue to earn income from these funds through your lifetime. You may wish to provide for your family through your will and make charitable gifts with the residual funds in retirement accounts because of the potential tax savings for your heirs. You can designate Cal-IPC as a beneficiary for:

  • Retirement plans
  • Life insurance plans
  • Remaining assets in donor-advised funds
  • Certificates of deposit, bank and brokerage accounts, savings bonds